Now that the world is opening back up, it is more important than ever to make sure you have access to reliable travel insurance. When booking a charter with The Moorings, we can arrange your full holiday package, including personal travel insurance, all in one place to ensure you are free to truly unwind and make unforgettable moments on the water. Our insurance also covers you for COVID-19 related issues to keep you fully covered and give you peace of mind throughout your charter experience.
Personal Travel Insurance
The Moorings offers two insurance options which can be added at any time prior to your departure either online, or with the assistance of a Holiday Planner over the phone.
Our insurance policy is tailor-made for The Moorings yacht charters across our Sail, Power and Crewed products. Book with confidence knowing that your next lot of travel with our insurance, covers you for the following:
- Sailing anywhere and everywhere within your cruising ground with no offshore restrictions.
- The policy also offers 24-hour medical emergency assistance service and covers flight delays due to adverse weather conditions.
- Medical emergency treatment overseas and medical repatriation due to insured lead passenger being diagnosed with Covid-19.
- Cancellation cover to reimburse for any irrecoverable payments and charges made for travel and accommodation if you have to cancel your trip due to a doctor diagnosing either you or a close relative or your insured travelling companion with Covid-19 and as a result being advised not to travel.
- Cancellation due to either you or your travelling companion’s direct exposure to a close relative being diagnosed with Covid-19 resulting in an order via the NHS Test and Trace programme for you to be medically quarantined and not being able to travel.
- Cancellation or Curtailment cover due to denied boarding of public transport if displaying symptoms of Covid-19.
*If you choose to travel against the advice of the FCDO, you will invalidate your travel insurance policy. Please see Insurance FAQ’s for more information.
Single Trip Personal Travel Insurance
The Moorings offers a fully comprehensive Single Trip Travel Insurance policy package, perfect for 7-day or 14-day yacht charters and is available for adults aged 18-65 years.
Prices start from £38 pp per trip.
Worldwide Annual Multi-Trip Personal Insurance
Going on more than one Moorings charter experience during the year? We have got you covered. If you are planning on travelling multiple times, our Worldwide Annual Multi-Trip Insurance covers you for up to a maximum of 70 days per trip.
Our annual multi-trip policy is available for adults aged 18-65 years.
Should you wish to make other travel insurance arrangements, we would recommend you confirm with your insurance provider whether there are any restrictions on sailing holiday experiences and if you are fully covered in unlikely event that the expert skipper is unable travel.
Yacht Damage Waiver
When booking a Moorings charter experience, we require you to provide cover against accidental damage or loss to the yacht and ancillary equipment by either purchasing a Yacht Damage Waiver upfront or by paying a higher Security Deposit at the base.
Other Insurance Needs
Some of our specialised charter experiences will require additional insurance or deposits, such as the Racing Deposit required for yacht entry into international regattas. Please call a Moorings Holiday Planner on 033 0332 1513 for more information.
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.