When you entrust us with your invaluable vacation time, we want you to feel confident in those travel plans. To provide you with peace of mind amid uncertain circumstances, we are offering new flexible rebooking terms.
In addition to our flexible rebooking terms, our updated Safety Measures endeavor to keep you and your family safe when visiting our bases.
With different options available, you have the freedom to plan your yacht charter experience, confident that if your charter with The Moorings is postponed due to Covid-19*, you may at any time up until 7 days prior (or 30 days prior if during the peak season) to departure either:
- Changes to the departure dates of your booking are subject to the following conditions:
- If your charter departs between the 14th December 2022 – 2nd January 2023 then the notice period to make such a change will be 30 days, not 21.
- Except as stated otherwise, all other terms and conditions apply.
- Changes must be made prior to 14 days before your departure date to avoid incurring additional costs*
- Opt to receive a refund credit for the charter amount (provided your balance is paid in full), which will be valid for any departure (excluding partner bases; Italy, Florida, Whitsundays and Tonga) within 12 months from your original departure date. “Charter amount” refers to the cost of the yacht charter. Certain ancillary products may not be transferable and normal cancellation charges will apply*. Other third-party services will also be subject to normal cancellation charges apply.
*Making changes to your booking within 14 days of departure may incur costs particularly for certain ancillary products (for example, flights, provisioning & beverages, skipper and cook fees, and crew gratuities) as these are often not transferable. Please see full terms and conditions for additional information.
**This is subject to the following condition: This change option is not applicable to Group Bookings (5 yachts or more) and for charters at our partner bases Italy, Brazil, and Florida. Except as stated otherwise, all other terms and conditions apply.
***”Charter amount” refers to the cost of the yacht charter and ancillary extras booked at the same time, but does not include flights or other third-party services to which normal cancellation charges apply. This change option is not applicable to Group Bookings (5 yachts or more) and for charters at our partner bases Italy, Brazil, and Florida. Except as stated above all terms and conditions agreed to by you when you made your booking, including with regards cancellation, changes, or otherwise continue to apply.
Flex Protection Plan
Change of plans? With our Flex Protection Plan, you can change your trip destination or departure dates for any reason up to up to 14 days out. Just purchase the Flex Protection Plan within 14 days of confirming your charter and avoid change fees of up to $1,000 later. This offer is subject to the following conditions:
- This plan applies to new bookings only. Cannot be applied to bookings at partner bases like Italy, Brazil, and Florida.
- The new departure date must fall within 12 months of the original departure date.
- This plan may be purchased twice per booking.
- If the re-booked charter results in a price increase, the difference in price will be the charterer’s responsibility. If the re-booked charter results in a price decrease, the charterer will receive a credit certificate in the amount of the difference. The future-booking credit certificate is valid for one year.
- This plan may be purchased twice per booking. The second plan allows you to change your destination or departure dates up to 30 days before your scheduled departure.
- The Flex Protection Plan fee ($399) is non-refundable and may not be redeemed for cash. Current pricing and discounts will be applied to the new departure dates.
Please contact a Vacation Planner for more details about our Flex Protection Plan.
The Moorings recommends protecting your charter vacation with a travel insurance from our partner Redpoint Travel Insurance. Redpoint’s Harbor plan provides coverage for things like medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost luggage, flight accident, and other losses while traveling internationally or domestically.
This optional travel insurance must be purchased before your final payment.
Additional “CFAR” coverage is available via Redpoint too. CFAR (Cancel For Any Reason) allows the insured to cancel their scheduled trip for personal reasons. CFAR upgrades must be purchased within 14 days of the initial deposit for your trip. Exclusions and limitations still apply.
Please visit the Redpoint Travel Insurance website for coverage details and to obtain a quote.
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.