At The Moorings, our BVI sailing itinerary starts in Tortola and takes you to the BVI’s must-see places! Starting at Cooper Island, our route will guide you around Virgin Gorda, Anegada, Trellis Bay, Great Harbour and The Bight.
Our BVI itinerary blends the best of both worlds: secluded anchorages and beautiful sunsets, with a bit of laid-back fun partying in the beachside bars, meaning there’s something for everyone!
It truly couldn’t be easier to navigate your way around the BVI and explore its magnificent islands. Whether you’re staying for 1 week or longer, you’ll have the opportunity to visit the BVI’s main islands and discover their hidden gems.
On your BVI yacht charter, you can spend days relaxing on the golden sands and snorkeling in the turquoise waters, whilst still having enough time to sail around the islands and moor up to explore!
t depends on how much of the British Virgin Islands you want to explore during your idyllic yacht charter as to how many days is enough. If you want to uncover the treasures of each of the BVI’s main islands, you may choose to book for longer than if you’re planning on staying mostly within the Sir Francis Drake Channel for most of your charter.
We think a week is a great amount of time to sail around the BVI because you have plenty of time to relax and unwind, while also being able to enjoy the adventure of visiting different islands.
- Visit the white-sand beaches of Jost Van Dyke and enjoy a Painkiller cocktail at the world-famous Soggy Dollar Bar.
- Navigate the labyrinth of natural rock formations at The Baths national park.
- Snorkel the unique underwater features off Norman Island at the Indians or the Caves.
- Enjoy fresh-caught lobster at the edge of the world with a beachfront dinner in Anegada.
- Spend time in North Sound, Virgin Gorda, home to signature ports of call such as the Bitter End Yacht Club, Leverick Bay Resort & Marina, Saba Rock, and Oil Nut Bay.
- Uncover hidden coves and breathtaking marine life as you go scuba diving or snorkeling in the BVI. The Moorings dive partner, Sail Caribbean Divers is a PADI 5-star dive company in the British Virgin Islands and is located at our base. They offer rendezvous excursions to any one of the BVI 73 official dive sites, as well as equipment rentals, instructional courses and more.
If you plan on spending hours in the crystal clear waters of the BVI, take a look at our water sports options to see which water toys may be available to you during your BVI yacht charter.
You’ll be pleased to know that the BVI has fantastic sailing conditions all year-around, making it a brilliant place to enjoy a relaxing yacht charter. Like our other Caribbean destinations, the BVI is a beautiful place to escape the cold Winter weather and chase the Winter sun!
The high season in the BVI is considered to be between December-April, where you’ll experience sunny weather, warm waters and incredible sailing conditions.
Award Winning Yacht
What Guests are Saying
We had the trip of a lifetime. Captain Theo and Chef/First Mate Martina made this perhaps the most memorable vacation of our lives! The boat was perfect, the service was impeccable, the food amazing, and the experience was just fantastic. We loved getting to experience all of the BVIs in only 6 nights! Theo and Martina customized our itinerary each night for the following day and new exactly how to cater towards our desires – a mix of sailing, relaxing, swimming, island hopping and exploring. 10/10 5+ stars!!!Drew Cawthorne Tortola
The cruise was amazing, the staff across the board is the absolute best, and they did everything possible to ensure we had the best possible experience. I felt that the team worked very hard to ensure that every charter has an experience that’s perfect for them. It feels highly customizedBeth Anthony Travel Experts Tortola
The trip was amazing! Our captain and cook exceeded our expectations. The BVI locations were beautiful and our catamaran was first class.Peter Brolick Tortola
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.