Corfu is one of the most stunning islands in the whole of Greece, with its blend of lush greenspaces, idyllic beaches, vibrant towns and incredibly unique architecture. Some of the most beautiful towns and villages in Corfu include:
- Kassiopi, a small fishing village
- Corfu Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Pelekas, renowned for its ‘Kaiser Throne’ which gives you magnificent views of Corfu
If you’re planning on mooring up in Corfu for a few nights, you might be thinking, where is the best place to stay in Corfu? The island is home to many incredible locations, although some of our favorites include Corfu Town, Kassiopi and Gouvia. With brilliant amenities, delicious restaurants and plenty to do, these areas are truly wonderful.
A Corfu cruising itinerary takes you to the beautiful bays and coves of the Ionian Islands off Albania and Greece’s Northwestern shore. They are among the most scenic in Greece, with woodlands spread over the hills like an emerald carpet. Sandy beaches and picturesque fishing villages add to the beauty. The ambience is peaceful and serene, the waters and balmy winds inviting.
The typical Corfu Itinerary focuses on both the Northern and the Southern Ionian Islands, so you get to island hop around a wide range of Greek islands along your route. A few of the villages, towns and islands you’ll have the opportunity to discover if you follow one of our unique itineraries include Petriti, Kalami Bay, Sivota Mourtos, Parga and Ithaca!
The rewards of a Corfu charter vacation are many, whether you want relaxing activities or exhilarating excursions! Some of our favorite things to do in Corfu include:
- The old town – In the center of town near the old port there is a magnificent Venetian district with colorful streets lined with numerous shops and taverns.
- Byzantine Art Museum
- Arseniou Street in the Antivouniotissa Church
- Fortifications – Napoleon Bonaparte later modified the new fort from the 16th and 17th century. The old fort was occupied by the Venetians for a long time. A “Son and Lumiere” spectacle is frequently given in different languages.
- The Liston – Across from the old fort there are arcades constructed by the French. There you will find a variety of terraced cafes overlooking an esplanade where traditional cricket matches are played
- Archaeological museum – Vraila Street at the end of the road of Garitsa Bay near Corfu Palace. There are numerous examples of prehistoric tools and pottery exhibited
- Water activities – Snorkelling, swimming, and sunbathing at pristine beaches is a delight. Scuba diving is excellent in the area (guided excursions required due to regulations). At The Moorings, we provide snorkelling gear on all charters for your pleasure (flippers, masks and snorkels)
Enjoy exploring small towns, historic monasteries and castles, and relaxing aboard your Moorings yacht.
June, July and August are the most popular months to visit Corfu for families because of the high temperatures, lack of rain and school holidays. However, if you want a quieter holiday with less tourists but the same amazing sailing conditions, consider booking your Corfu yacht charter in May or September as they still fall within the sailing season but they avoid school holiday times!
Much like the rest of the Ionian Islands, the best time charter a yacht in Corfu is between April-November, with many people choosing to charter a yacht and explore the stunning islands between May-October. During this time, you’ll experience beautiful weather, very low tidal currents, and relatively straightforward navigation.
Exclusive Plus – Exclusive Plus class yachts are up to 1 year old, and feature the latest innovations and complimentary WI-FI in British Virgin Islands, Thailand, Seychelles, and all Mediterranean locations (excluding Italy).
Exclusive – Exclusive class yachts have been in our fleet approximately 1 to 3 years and feature many of the same amenities as our Exclusive Plus yachts as well as complimentary WI-FI in British Virgin Islands, Thailand, Seychelles, and all Mediterranean locations (excluding Italy).
Club – Club class yachts have some of the Exclusive class amenities, and are generally 3+ years of age (up to 10 years in the Exotics and Mediterranean) .
Yes! Perfect for couples or singles, you can enjoy the experience of a Luxury Crewed Charter for the price of a single cabin.
The Moorings is proud to announce that Free Wi-Fi is now included on all Exclusive and Exclusive Plus models, and all-inclusive Crewed Yachts in select
destinations worldwide*, including the British Virgin Islands, Thailand, the Seychelles, and all Mediterranean locations (excluding Italy). Wi-Fi is also available for rent on our Club model yachts in participating destinations.*Internet connectivity and speed may vary within cruising grounds.
The Moorings carries the most up-to-date equipment and all the extras a sailor or powerboater could ask for, including GPS satellite navigation
systems, autopilots, The Moorings SailMate mainsail stacking system and CD players with cockpit speakers. Some even have generators and air conditioning. The below deck areas are modified from standard factory production models to give you more room, comfort, and luxury. Our newest models include flatscreen TV’s and DVD players
Award Winning Yacht
What Guests are Saying
This was our 3rd Moorings charter and all have exceeded our expectations. Boats in good condition, experienced captains, and freedom to sail where ever we wantedDoug Klump Corfu
Great boat and great service in Corfu.Kimberly Curtis Corfu
Very smooth in out process, helpful friendly staffFrank Plust Corfu
Boats are well maintained. Easy to get questions answered ahead of trip. Pool next to moorings base.Daniel Cunnison Corfu
The boat was in excellent condition & was simple to operate. The only problem was a major leak in one of the kayaks. All of the employees of Moorings were very helpful.Michael Vanvoorhis Corfu
Very responsive to any trouble we had. Very nice personalThomas Foster Corfu
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.