Location: Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Contract type: One year fixed term, live-aboard
Reports to: Crewed Yacht Manager/Head of Department
A Crewed yacht charter delivers the ultimate all-inclusive vacation on the water aboard an exclusive sailing or power catamaran. It blends the comfort of luxury vacations with the spirit of adventure travel. Complete with a professional crew, guests can enjoy the nautical skills and local knowledge of a captain, gourmet meals prepared by a chef, and a high level of service and hospitality from a steward/ess.
Whilst on charter, the steward/ess is responsible for the wellbeing of the guests and the overall cleanliness of the yacht. The crew work as a team to manage and operate the yacht for charter.
At times management may assign additional tasks relating to the position which may include day sails, photo shoots, briefings, boat shows etc. When the yacht is not on charter the position involves base work and duties.
What you will be doing
- Daily housekeeping of all guest areas of the yacht to The Moorings’ standard
- Preparation of the cabins with linen prior to guest arrival, and completion of a mid-week linen change during charter
- Serve drinks and snacks to the guests throughout the charter period – including a selection of cocktails
- Assist the chef with the provisioning of the yacht, and preparation of meals as required
- Act as a host for the charter party, organising activities and excursions as required, and providing local information throughout the charter
- Serve guests throughout mealtimes in a elegant and professional manner
- Assist the captain in providing basic instruction/assistance with snorkelling and other water sports
- Help ensure the safety of guests throughout the charter
- Assist the captain with all elements of deck work as required
- Clean the yacht in preparation for charter and during the charter
- Any other duties as directed by the Crewed Yacht Manager/Head of Department
What we are looking for
- Previous experience in a similar position (desirable)
- Cocktail making experience
- Previous waiting experience
- Housekeeping experience
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels
- B1/B2 or C1/D US visa
- Competent Crew or Day Skipper certification or an equivalent level of experience
- Powerboat Level 2 (desirable)
- Language skills (desirable)
For any further information, or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step Aboard Here
Start your experience with The Moorings on land and sign up to receive e-mails from us about yachts, offers and destinations.