Quality And Service From Beginning To End
From your first Web site visit or phone call to The Moorings, you will experience a level of quality and service unmatched in the industry. We help you plan your sailing vacation and make all the arrangements for you. When you step aboard, you'll see why our yachts are considered the best:
- All are custom-built for easy handling and maximum comfort.
- All are meticulously maintained, masthead to keel, bow to stern.
- We'll fully provision your yacht and have everything you need to step aboard and sail away.
The Moorings Makes It Simple
If you're thinking of chartering for the first time, you'll be glad you chose The Moorings, the company that was built on providing the perfect charter experience, the first time and every time. No matter what your level of sailing skill, we have a yacht and vacation plan that's right for you.
You Can Do It
No formal certification of any kind is required to charter from The Moorings. Qualification is based purely on your sailing experience.
- If you would like to learn which Moorings yachts you are already qualified to charter, just complete and submit our boating resume form.
- If you have chartered with us before, we have your Résumé on file. You needn't submit a new one.
- If you don’t know how to sail, we have captains available for hire or consider one of our all-inclusive Crewed Yacht Charters with professional captain and gourmet chef.
- If you would like to learn how to sail, you can arrange a sailing vacation that includes basic or advanced sailing instruction from the renowned Offshore Sailing. We particularly recommend their Fast Track to Cruising course, taught aboard Moorings yachts in the beautiful British Virgin Islands.
- Ready to Plan Your Trip? Choose your destinations and yacht, then go to our Check Availability online quote service. You can make all your choices, review an estimated cost and even book online.
- Need More Help Planning? Then simply contact one of our Vacation Planning Specialist who will help you reserve your yacht for the dates and cruising area you wish to sail. We’ll take care of everything, including provisioning, air travel, hotel accommodations, car rentals and land tours at the lowest rates available.
Your yacht will be ready to go when you arrive. Ice, fuel and water on board, engine running. We also provide snorkeling gear and most of our yachts include amenities such as a barbecue grill, bimini, GPS, chart plotter and autopilot. Almost any other need you may have can be provided for; from rental cars and guided tours to kayaks and dive equipment. For a complete list of items included with your yacht, see What's Included.
Before you sail away, we'll give you a detailed chart briefing on your cruising area. You'll know where to find the best anchorages, restaurants and beaches and be able to spot any navigational hazards. We will then give a thorough briefing on your yacht, its operation and the equipment aboard. You'll also have the option of using our complimentary Friendly Skipper program. This service provides an experienced skipper who will take you out for the first morning or afternoon so you can feel more at home on our waters.